martes, 27 de diciembre de 2016

Here Comes the Sun (English) - New Year's Resolutions

42. That’s the answer to life, the universe and everything. A simple number that goes around the head of millions of human bei… I don’t know who am I trying to fool, the question remains unanswered, what are we? Why are we here?
On holiday season a looking back is on top of the “to do” list. Everybody doing the year’s review, good things, bad things, new people, people who left… It is important to be aware of these things; life is no more than moments and things that happen fast, we have to take them when they come. My personal look back is deeper this year.
Yes, life is no more than moments, but we have to live them somehow. My year started great, had a job and a future. Plans ready to happen. A wonderful summer ahead which was also a first approach to moving out. New wonderful people ready to meet me in different places. But someone up there, whoever it is, if it is true that there is someone there, decided I was too happy. Took my job and my future for that matter. I spent the last 4 months depressed and distressed, looking for solutions, trying so hard to find a way to live that I forgot to live. Society is so focused on its own gear that has forgotten that the real important thing is that life is to be lived. Work is a priority because without money you are going nowhere. Without getting into politics, it is obvious that chances of being happy comes across a winning lottery ticket or something like that, because if you have no job you can’t live out of nothing, if you have a job you become a slave of that job and even if you have some money it doesn’t matter because you don’t have the time to enjoy it.
Living. What would be living for me? Being able to move to London would be a nice start. Playing rugby again, and basketball; doing some fencing, going back to the swimming pool. Singing in a choir. Being able to sit down and write without letting external concerns block me, finishing my book. Going to the cinema and the theatre. Over everything else, acting again.
There are lots of circumstances that keep me away from all those things, but the main reason is myself. That is my new year’s resolution. This year I will hold a rugby ball, a basketball, a sabre and dive again. I will find the time to sing again with other people, have fun with them. I will live alternative lives though my characters, real life impossible loves that society will censor, unreachable dreams from my current situation; all those lives that I live though a pencil and a paper. I will sit again in the aisle, both in cinema and theatre. And, over everything else, I will climb up a stage again and make it to a filming set.
All this things may seem pretentious but that is my true path to happiness. That is what I need. I am tired of being depressed, tired of being that guy that says he wants but don’t, tired of those people that says they are there for you when they are not, tired of loving and not being loved back.

John Lennon once sang that “living is easy with your eyes closed” and that “life is very short and there’s no time to fussing and fighting”. Looking forward, that’s the goal, cause “here comes the sun and (…) its all right”.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario